In this training, understand who is covered (protected characteristic groups) and ensure compliance with regard to employment and customer service.
By the end the session participants will have increased understanding of:
- Who is covered by the Act (protected characteristics)
- What types of discrimination are unlawful
- When positive action measures can be adopted
- When is discrimination allowed (including occupational requirements)
- What is meant by reasonable adjustments and when they apply
- What are an employers’ or service providers’ responsibilities and liabilities
- How the Equality Act 2010 can be put into practice
A section on the Public Sector Equality Duty and specific duties for Wales is added to this course for public sector organisations and organisations delivering services commissioned by or on behalf of public sector organisations.
The course is particularly relevant for individuals involved in recruiting or managing staff and those responsible for providing services, as well as for trade union representatives.